Making a Claim
ANY CLAIMS APART FROM GLASS OR LEGAL EXPENSES
Contact Ansvar Insurance
Phone: 0845 606 0431 (dedicated 24 hour claims number)
Fax: 01323 739355
Write to: Claims Department, Ansvar Insurance, Ansvar House,
St Leonards Road, Eastbourne, BN21 3UR
If you suffer glass breakage you can call insurers' specialist provider who will effect a rapid repair
Phone 0345 6000 148
• 24 hour, 365 days a year boarding up and replacement glazing service.
• If you are insured for glass breakage, they will issue separate invoices to:
- you in respect of any policy excess and recoverable VAT
- Ansvar for the remaining cost.
LEGAL EXPENSES & FREE LEGAL ADVICE
Phone DAS on 0117 934 0437 (quoting reference EPS/6700850)
Write to: Claims Department, DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited, DAS House, Quay Side, Temple Back, Bristol, BS1 6NH
Your policy provides cover for Legal Expenses at an indemnity limit of £100,000. This also includes free legal advice through DAS. Should you find yourself in a difficult legal position they can talk you through the best course of action.
• The insured person must inform DAS as soon as possible and within the time limits stipulated under the terms of the policy, giving full details in writing of the insured incident and providing such proofs, supporting evidence and other information as DAS may require.
• DAS will ask you about your legal dispute and if necessary call you back at an agreed time to give you legal advice.
• If your dispute needs to be dealt with as a claim under this policy, DAS will give you a claim reference number. At this point DAS will not be able to confirm that you are covered but will pass the information you have given to the relevant DAS claims handling team and explain what to do next.
• Claims are usually handled by a representative appointed by DAS, but sometimes DAS deal with them themselves. Claims outside the United Kingdom may be dealt with by other DAS offices elsewhere in Europe.
• Please do not ask for help from a solicitor or accountant before DAS have agreed. If you do, we will not pay the costs involved.
If you have suffered a loss or wish to discuss a claim then please get in contact with us.
In order to advise whether cover would be provided we need to establish the cause of the damage. We would ask that you submit an enquiry in writing detailing what has occurred, when the damage was noticed and whether you have taken any steps to rectify the issue. We would then be able to refer the matter to insurers who may decide to appoint a loss adjuster depending on the scale or cost of damage. We must advise that cover is not provided for gradually operating causes, maintenance issues or general wear and tear.
Insurers usually ask for two estimates for repair or replacement, as appropriate. If you need to make any emergency repairs to secure the premises or prevent further loss then we would encourage you to go ahead and retain any invoices or receipts for reimbursement.
The Village Hall policy comes with a standard excess of just £100 increasing to £250 for Hirers’ Liability/Trustees Indemnity claims and to £1,000 for subsidence. However please check your policy schedule for full details as increased excesses may apply.
If you need to report a claim outside of office hours then you can call Ansvar’s 24 hour claims line as detailed below. For Glass or Legal Expenses claims then please see below for details of the specialist claim lines.